WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2022: ALLOCATED NATION AND INVITATION SENT
The 5th IWAS Powerchair Hockey World Championship will take place from 7th to 15th August 2022 in Switzerland.
This will be the first time Switzerland will host the major PCH competition. The whole organizing committee, together with Wheelchair Sport Switzerland is already working to ensure a successful competition and is looking forward to welcoming everyone in Nottwil and Sursee.
Team delegation will be hosted in Nottwil where training opportunities will also be provided, the competition will take place in Sursee Stadthalle.
As announced, IPCH and the LOC have discussed the possibility of creating a “special” edition of the World Championship increasing the number of allocated teams to 10.
The allocations of Nations have been decided based on the Qualification System approved by the Sport Congress in 2010, with some adjustments related to the current situation and to the fact that there was no EC2020 and according to the IPCH WRL list updated on 01.01.2021.
To make this process as clear and transparent as possible you can find a table explaining the adaptation needed to reach the number of 10 allocated Nations for the 5th IWAS Powerchair Hockey World Championship.
According to the analysis above the allocated Nations who have the right to participate in
1. Italy Winner of WC2018 (n.3 IPCH WRL on 01.01.2021)
2. Germany n.1 IPCH WRL on 01.01.2021
3. Denmark n.2 IPCH WRL on 01.01.2021
4. Australia Top ranked nation from Oceania region
5. Canada Top ranked nation from American region
6. The Netherlands n. 5 IPCH WRL on 01.01.2021
7. Switzerland Hosting country (n.4 IPCH WRL on 01.01.2021)
8. Belgium n, 6 IPCH WRL on 01.01.2021
9. Finland n.7 IPCH WRL on 01.01.2021
10. Spain n.8 IPCH WRL on 01.01.2021
The allocated Nation received the invitation and are required to confirm their participation latest by 7th May 2021.
More information on the Competition will shortly be available and during the Sport Congress on 5th June (please remember to register on https://www.eventbrite.it/e/ipch-sport-congress-2021-registration-136074341017) a special session of the meeting will be dedicated to this topic.